In this article, we’ll be discussing the INFP 9w8 personality type.
This is a fairly rare personality type, so if you’re one of them, you’re in for a treat! As always, if you’re not sure what your Enneagram type is, I’d recommend taking this test before reading further.
Now, let’s get started!
What Does INFP 9w8 Mean?
The INFP 9w8 is a personality type that is both creative and practical. They are often drawn to the arts and enjoy expressing themselves through creativity.
However, they are also very down-to-earth and realistic. They are able to see both sides of every issue and are very level-headed. This can make them excellent problem-solvers.
The INFP 9w8 is a very compassionate and caring individual. They often put the needs of others before their own and are always quick to lend a helping hand. They believe in fairness and justice and will fight for what they believe in.
The core desire for these individuals is to keep peace within themselves and with others
They don’t want to be abandoned or feel turbulent so they’ll sometimes avoid conflict at all costs. They are also very private when it comes to their feelings and thoughts and would prefer to keep to themselves.
How Does the 9w8 impact the natural INFP Personality traits?
INFP 9w8 shares many qualities with the typical INFP because the enneagram type 9 is primarily focused on keeping the peace or creating harmony, so both INFP and type 9 focus on the Feeling function. They both have a deep need for harmony.
Even so, there are some key differences that set this personality type apart since it has type 8 as the wing.
- First and foremost, the 9w8 is much more grounded than the average INFP. They are very realistic and down-to-earth. This can sometimes make them seem like they lack imagination or aren’t as creative as other INFPs.
- However, this isn’t the case at all. The 9w8 is simply more in touch with the practical side of things. They are able to see both sides of every issue and are very level-headed.
- Another key difference is that the 9w8 is more goal-oriented than the average INFP. They are very driven and can be quite ambitious. This is because they have type 8 as their wing. Type 8 is known for being assertive and ambitious.
What are the Strengths of an INFP 9w8?
If we’re to summarize, the strengths of an INFP 9w8 would be:
- More compassionate and caring
- Strong sense of justice and fairness
- Excellent problem-solvers
- More realistic
- More expressive. They’re considered ambiverts
- Better work ethic.
- A good balance between emotional and rational.
What are the Weaknesses of INFP 9w8?
- Struggle sometimes with imposter syndrome.
- Mostly have anger issue
- Tendency to be blunt
- Look detached when lost in thought
Signs of an unhealthy INFP 9w8?
- When an INFP 9w8 is overwhelmed, they tend to retreat to themselves even though they’re naturally people lovers. When they do that, they become reliant on their introverted functions and neglect their extraverted ones which causes an imbalance in their behavior. This can manifest in them seeming cold and detached.
- Another sign that an INFP 9w8 is unhealthy is if they become fixated on their goals to the point where they’re no longer able to enjoy the process. This can lead to them becoming workaholics or obsessively driven.
- They may also become overly aggressive in their quest for justice or become confrontational for the sake of it.
- Lastly, they may start to ignore their feelings and intuition in order to appear more rational which can lead to them becoming emotionally numb.
How to become a healthy INFP 9w8?
The most important thing to become a healthy 9w8 INFPis to work on gaining the functional balance back and get back to using their extraverted functions by spending more time around people and in social situations.
They need to learn to express their feelings more openly and honestly, without holding back.
It’s also important for them to learn to take breaks and relax once in a while. They need to remember that it’s okay to not be productive all the time and that not all people and situations can be managed and that’s part of living.
8 Best careers for the INFP 9w8 personality type
There are a few careers that would be a good fit for an INFP 9w8 personality type.
- Social worker
Famous INFP 9w8 Characters
INFP 9w8 Celebrities: movie/TV show Characters
- Aurora from Maleficent (2014)
- Choi Woong from Our Beloved Summer (2022)
- Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries (2001)
- Misty Day from American Horror Story (2011)
INFP 9w8 Anime Characters
- Rena Ryuuguu from the anim Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
- Shinichi Izumi from the anime Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
- Sayu from the anime Genshin Impact
- Muichiro Tokito from the anime Demon Slayer
- Russia from the anime Hetalia: Axis Powers
INFP 9w8 Celebrities in Real Life
- Keanu Reeves, actor.
- Tobey Maguire, actor.
- Bob Marley, singer.
- Adam Driver, actor.
- JinSoul , KPOP group (LOONA)
INFP 9w8 Meaning
The INFP 9w8 is a compassionate and caring individual who has a strong sense of justice and fairness. They are excellent problem-solvers and are more realistic than other INFPs.
They are also more expressive and have a better work ethic. They want to maintain their peace within and can’t afford to disturb it.
Are INFP 9w8s rare?
There is no definitive answer as to whether or not INFP 9w8s are rare. However, it is believed that they make up a small percentage of the population.
There is already a small percentage of core INFPs let alone with a wing 8.
INFP 9w8 vs 9w1?
The main difference between INFP 9w8 and INFP 9w1 is that 9w8s are more realistic and have a better work ethic while 9w1s are more idealistic and have a stronger sense of justice.
Both types are compassionate and caring but 9w8s tend to be more expressive while 9w1s are more reserved.
I hope this guide has helped you understand the INFP 9w8 personality type better.
Remember, Even though you may identify as an INFP 9w8, each person is unique and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to living a healthy and productive life.