Face it, most of us introverts prefer less social interaction than the average.
That’s why dating for introverts can be tough since meeting new people is already hard enough. Then there are trust and communication problems to worry about… And if you’re an introvert like me, this becomes even more complicated.
Simply put, it’s a bit scary to date someone who doesn’t understand your personality type or shares your interests – but it doesn’t have to be!
Assuming you’re an introvert( or a shy person), you probably already know that online dating is best for us: most introverts prefer not to go out and mingle, we value our privacy.
That’s why introvert dating apps and sites can be your ideal solution when it comes to finding the right person for you!
So if you’re single and an introvert, I’ve got great news for you: There are tons of online dating platforms that will serve your needs. And if you’re not single, then you can still send this article to your single introverted friend!
We’ve prepared a list of the best dating apps and sites for introverts… so let’s get started!
8 Best Dating Sites and Apps for Introverts in 2021
If you’re looking for a place with many introvert users, Match is definitely it! This site boasts 25.1 million members and guarantees to provide more and better matches for us introverts than any other dating website.
Match is super user-friendly because it’s easy and simple to use on all devices: all you have to do is sign up and complete your profile.
After that, just go on with your regular activities of sending messages and ‘liking’ people who catch your eye!
This year, Match will be 25 years old so it’s safe to say that it has proven to be one of the best introvert dating sites out there.
Match offers other services like MatchAffinity – an advanced matching system that uses your personality to find you even better potential matches!
Match Pros for introverts:
- Match has a huge user base.
- Very intuitive interface, simple to use
- Popular among introverted people
- Allows you to view profiles in incognito mode
Match Cons for introverts:
- Too many ads on the site/app
- Not the most affordable dating site/app
- Can be considered more ‘old school’; For serious relationships only
I often use OkCupid. It works much like Match by offering subscription plans (including a free option) and has many user friendly features.
This online dating service actually gives you better matches by basing its algorithm on users’ interests and behavior rather than appearance.
This feature is perfect for an introvert who likes to hook up with a like minded person sharing their interests and hobbies.
OkCupid Pros for introverts:
- initiating messages or searching for matches doesn’t require subscribing.
- Intuitive interface, easy to use.
- Free subscription if you’re not ready for paid services yet.
OkCupid Cons for introverts:
- Not as many introvert members as Match
- Inconsistent scam messages and messages from bots
- OkCupid overall has a casual vibe to it compared to other dating websites such as Match.
This particular introvert dating website works by connecting people who share mutual friends and interests on Facebook – which means that you’ll find more real profiles than other dating and hookup apps and websites.
Since it uses your Facebook friends as references, Hinge provides a more accurate and effective matching system than most other outlets.
This makes it one of the best sites for introverts who want to meet similar people.
Hinge Pros for introverts:
- Connects you with friends of your Facebook friends
- Easy to use
- Great and secure verification process
Hinge Cons for Introverts:
- Not the most affordable dating site/app.
- Some inactive profiles.
- free accounts have a limited number of likes.
You probably already know that Tinder has become one of the most popular apps of all time. But, what makes Tinder such a great option for introverted people?
For starters, Tinder has a very straightforward and easy to use interface which makes it perfect for all kinds of relationships. you can simply log on, confirm your age and location, and start matching.
Since Tinder uses a mutual match system – both users need to agree that they ‘like’ each other before being able to message – the user experience is more secure against bots or spammers.
In 2021, this app has been responsible for more dates, relationships, and marriages than any other introvert dating site or app!
Tinder Pros for introverts:
- Good when you’re on the go
- Great verification process
- the app is very user friendly
- Most affordable website or app for introverts
Tinder’s Cons for introverts:
- Too many ads on the site/app!
- Some inactive profiles show up as potential matches
- the bigger the user base, the more scams!
I’m a big fan of Anomo, I find that it’s a unique app probably designed for introverts by introverts. It allows users to create their own dating profiles using a ‘secret identity.
In this case, you can choose any name and use avatars for 100% anonymity.
This way, you won’t feel anxious or judged while talking with other members – which makes it a great introvert app.
Anomo is perfect for introverted individuals who want to be more mysterious and creative with their dating profiles. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
Anomo Pros for Introverts:
- Great anonymity option
- Free subscription plan
- Creative and fun interface
Anomo Cons for Introverts:
- It’s a fairly new site/app
- you’ll have to filter scams manually
This online dating service has a unique feature, it works by requiring women to message their matches first.
This feature will be great for shy introverts who want to stay in control of their dating life.
Since women are the ones who message first, I highly recommend Bumble as one of the most effective introvert dating apps for 2021.
This approach to dating has led to many great dates and relationships among introverts in the past few years!
Bumble Pros for Introverts:
- It’s up for women to make the move
- Great anonymity option
- Free subscription options
Bumble Cons for Introverts:
- Limited options for free subscriptions
- Too many ads on the site/app!
- Bumble is more affordable than some other websites and apps, but it’s not as cheap as Tinder!
7. plenty of fish
Even though this dating app isn’t specifically designed to match introverts with other introverts, it might be one of the best options if you’re an introvert looking for serious romantic relationships.
This is because plenty of fish’s matching algorithm is based on users who have similar interests, values, personality traits, and hobbies.
Since POF caters to more serious relationships, you’ll find fewer users on this platform looking for casual flings.
An important consideration about POF is that it’s the most expensive site/app among introvert dating sites and apps reviewed in this article.
plenty of fish Pros for Introverts:
- Free accounts have unlimited access to messaging!
- Modern interface encourages you to use the app
Plenty of fish Cons for Introverts:
- expect encountering spammers and fake profiles
8. Coffee Meets Bagel
This site is great because it only matches you with one person per day – which ensures that everyone has enough time to consider their options!
*Introvert me excited at the concept*
Being an introvert I liked this concept as it can be overwhelming to swipe through so many people every day.
Coffee Meets Bagel Pros for Introverts:
- Only one potential match per day
- Free subscription plan available!
- Sophisticated matchmaking algorithm
Coffee Meets Bagel Cons for Introverts:
- Some inactive profiles
Overall, the sites and apps discussed above are great for introverts looking to date in 2021. They’re all free to join and use, so there’s really no reason not to at least try out one of these!
Thanks for reading this article! I hope you found it helpful and informative. Feel free to check out my other articles about dating on the website, especially the one about online dating tips!
Also, be sure to leave your opinions and feedback in the comments section below. Take care!