This guide will explore the ENFP 9w8 personality type. We’ll take a look at the key characteristics, weaknesses, and some famous characters that fit this personality type.
What Does ENFP 9w8 Mean?
The ENFP 9w8 personality is a unique blend of the Myers Briggs ENFP type and Enneagram type 9 wing 8.
This combination results in a personality that is highly independent, creative, and expressive. They are often excellent at debates and have a strong sense of morality.
This personality type is mainly driven by the core desire to live in peace and harmony. They want to be seen as good and honest people, and they strive to live up to this ideal.
Their core fear is of being at a loss with others or being unable to find common ground. This can result in them always looking for the ‘right’ thing to do, and they can become extremely indecisive.
Also Read: ENFP 8w9 – A Personality Guide
The impact of the 9w8 on the natural ENFP Personality traits
The 9w8 makes the ENFP seem more stable, reliable, and self-assured than they actually are. They have a strong need for security and a stable environment and will go to great lengths to create this for themselves.
It also gives the ENFP a greater sense of structure and order. They are more likely to follow rules and regulations and to stick to set plans and schedules that they set for themselves. This is not common with most other ENFP variants.
The 9w8 also makes the ENFP seem more serious and down to earth than they actually are. They are often mistaken for being introverted because they are not as outwardly expressive as other ENFPs.
The enneagram wing 8 gives the ENFP a greater sense of self-confidence and independence. They are less likely to be influenced by others and more likely to stand up for themselves.
What are the Characteristics of an ENFP 9w8?
This personality type is very creatively expressive. They are charming when they want to be and have a strong sense of humor.
They’re often very interested in the psychological underpinnings of human behavior and can be very insightful about the motivations of others. They are often good at seeing both sides of a situation and can be very objective in their thinking.
The 9w8 ENFP is often very independent and headstrong. They can be very determined when they set their mind to something and can be very persuasive in getting others to see their point of view.
They tend to have good people skills and are often very good at networking. They can be very helpful to others and are often seen as natural leaders.
Most 9w8 ENFPs are also very protective of their loved ones and can be very loyal friends.
Relatable: ENFP 9w1 – A Personality Guide
What are the Weaknesses of an ENFP 9w8?
- ENFP 9w8s can be very stubborn and set in their ways. They can be resistant to change and new ideas, preferring to stick to what they know and are comfortable with. This can make them inflexible which is definitely frustrating for those around them.
- They can also be quite critical and judgmental of others, especially if they feel like someone is not meeting their high standards.
- One of the biggest challenges for an ENFP 9w8 is learning to let go. They can hold on to grudges and resentments for a long time, which only causes them pain and suffering. They need to learn to forgive and move on, otherwise, they will continue to hold onto negative emotions that will only hurt them in the long run.
Growth Tips for the ENFP 9w8
1. Find ways to increase self-awareness and learn from experiences, both positive and negative.
2. Challenge yourself constantly by seeking out new opportunities for growth and development.
3. Let go of the need to be perfect, and strive for progress instead of perfection in all areas of life.
4. Take time to explore your values, beliefs, motivations, and any areas that you might have been avoiding to gain a better understanding of yourself as an individual.
5. Develop communication skills such as active listening so that you can effectively express your needs and emotions with others when necessary or desired.
6. Utilize creative outlets which allow the expression of feelings while allowing insight into different perspectives or solutions on issues relevant to daily life situations; I..e writing a reflective journal entry or completing a creative project related to personal goals/interests).
7. Make sure there is a balance between spending quality time alone with self-reflection and connecting with friends/family where appropriate
9 Best careers for the ENFP 9w8 personality type
This personality type will naturally thrive in careers that allow them to express their creativity, interact with others, and make a difference in the world.
Here are some of the best career options for the ENFP 9w8 personality type:
1. Marketing and advertising
2. Event planning
3. Social work
4. Public relations
5. Human resources
Also Read: INFP 9w8 – A personality Guide
Famous ENFP 9w8 Characters
ENFP 9w8 Fictional Characters
- Do Bong Soon (Strong Girl Bong-Soon)
- Leo Chingkwake (That 70’s Show 1998)
- Geum Jan-di (Boys Over Flowers)
ENFP 9w8 Anime Characters
- Josuke Higashikata (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Yasuhiro Hagakure (Danganronpa)
- Haru Yoshioka (The Cat Returns)
- Momiji Sohma (Fruits Basket)
- Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
- Kae Serinuma (Kiss Him, Not Me)
ENFP 9w8 Celebrities/ Historical Figures
- Post Malone (Musician)
- Chris Pine (Actor)
- Domhnall Gleeson (Actor)
Can an ENFP be 9w8?
Yes, an ENFP can be 9w8. Although it won’t be very common as only 7% of ENFPs identify as type 9 on the enneagram test.
The 9w8 personality is known for being calm, collected, and level-headed.
ENFP 9w8 vs ENFP 9w1?
The most obvious difference between the two is that 9w8s are significantly more grounded than 9w1s.
They are more in touch with the physical world and their own bodies, and as a result, they are often more pragmatic and detail-oriented.
9w1s, on the other hand, are more in touch with the spiritual and emotional world, and as a result, they are often more idealistic and imaginative.
ENFP 9w8 vs ESFP 9w8?
Both types are outgoing, optimistic, and social. They are both carefree and enjoy being in the moment.
However, ENFP 9w8s tend to be more idealistic and idealize their relationships. They are also more likely to be drawn to solitary activities and have a stronger need for time alone.
ENFP 9w8 vs ISTP 9w8?
The ISTP 9w8 is very analytical and logical, and often see the world in a very black and white way. The ENFP 9w8 on the other hand, is very intuitive and emotional. They are often drawn to creative endeavors and have a strong desire to help others.
Both types are independent, but the ENFP 9w8 is more likely to need emotional support from others, while the ISTP 9w8 is more self-sufficient.
Did you find this ENFP 9w8 guide helpful? Make sure to help us create personality type awareness by sharing it with people who’ll find it helpful too!
Before you leave, we want you to keep in mind that personality type traits are just the backbone of our personality, there’s always more to us than just a few letters.
We encourage you to keep exploring and growing, no matter what your personality type is! Thank you for reading this guide!